[thelist] to upload or to include image urls

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Oct 7 16:56:57 CDT 2008

Is there a consensus on whether it's better to allow the audience to
upload images and include them in a page they have access to write to or
include URLs only?

Some considerations

- uploading certainly gives you more control of the image in terms of
content, size and dimensions
- linking to another site, such as flickr, whatever is seemingly
simpler, but less control of network and image size

If you were selling used car parts which would you rather do?  We're
interested in increasing activity and traffic to the site, not just
selling the parts as on craigslist which is a sweetheart

On a related note - I'm evaluating some ideas and programs (all
PHP/MySQL) to attach to an existing site (not as an iframe, but really
live there) for setting up a buy/sell/trade and also a tech forum for an
auto service shop.

--
Bob