[thelist] ie JS array limitations?

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Fri Oct 31 14:19:00 CDT 2008

Volkan Özçelik wrote:
>> And it's all the same code, just different sizes/colors (data) and ie
>> displays most all other products fine.
>>

> May be you can find the limitation by gradually increasing the size of
> the test data.

I've done this, and it still doesn't work all the way down to 1 item.
Yet, other products work fine (and have nearly identical data values).
It's very strange.   I can't quite pin-point the issue.
> Just a blind guess, but I think it has something to do with IE's
> rendering engine.
> I experienced a similar situation: I was filling a definition list with
> <dt> <dd> pairs dynamically., where the CPU was going %100 for about 10
> or so seconds in IE.
> In my test case, there were no observeble CPU utilization problems in
> Firefox or Opera. The only problematic browser was IE (v6 I guess).
> And the only solution I came up with was splitting and paginating the data.

no noticable jump in cpu or memory usage.
> p.s.
> Have you tested it with IE8 beta?
> Do you observe anything peculiar with the system (in terms of memory and
> CPU utilization?

The same thing occurs in ie6,7, and 8 beta.

Works fine in safari, firefox and chrome.

I'm utterly stumped on this one :(