[thelist] can someone build a 100-page website with only HTML/CSS skill?

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 10:43:39 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu at realss.com> wrote:

> It seems having a properly working navigation bar did hit the limit with
> only HTML/CSS skill. However I am thinking with proper navigation
> generating tools one can still get the navigation bar generated in a
> scripting language

And again, problems of scale. If you statically generate all the nav
per your example, you'll have to regenerate all those pages every
time a single page is added/deleted/retitled/repositioned.

On the other hand, dynamically generating the nav means it's just
a single edit to your config file.

Which sounds preferable? :-)

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com