[thelist] can someone build a 100-page website with only HTML/CSS skill?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Tue Nov 11 18:23:22 CST 2008

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> ? What is a "non-skilled designer"? Someone unwilling to adhere
> to (or unaware of) industry best practices?
>
> Using something like Subversion doesn't  require programming, if
> that's what you mean. And it's probably more desirable to use on a
> non-CMS-driven site, where you have DB backups.

Hassan is right. A practical training experience showed that version
control is much easier to accept than programming, for my trainee.
version control is not really programming and can be done with clicking
around, as long as the user have a clear head (instead of a
logic-oriented head) she can do it.