[thelist] can someone build a 100-page website with only HTML/CSS skill?

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:05:16 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu at realss.com> wrote:

> Me: static or CMS? (programming is ruled out in the begining)

You miss my point -- if you're not developing a totally static site, you're
using *someone's* programming in the presentation layer  :-)

Writing or finding -- I don't use PHP, but I have to imagine there are
archives of code snippets out there -- a simple menu generator for
your friend to use would be a one-time effort that would probably
offer a much shorter learning curve than adopting a full-fledged CMS.
And would /not/ involve her learning "programming".

(OTOH, learning a common, well-supported CMS would probably be
 much more valuable in the long run, so...)

In any case, good luck!
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com