[thelist] how to get the video

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Nov 13 17:38:19 CST 2008

% cd /tmp

The GUI apps have not worked out yet, so I revisited /tmp (Ubuntu
Linux).  Although there was nothing with a .swf file extension I found
another growing file, always something like FlashrXtjwm when I restarted
the video.

% clear ; find . -type f -exec ls -l {} \; | grep Flash ; cp Flash*
video.swf

So after locating the file, I started repeatedly copying it to a saved
name.  I had to do it this way because they automatically load a
succeeding video.  Anyway after repeating this a couple times I got to
what I think was the right byte count when it ended.  I was able to load
the renamed video.swf file, but it is generally unusable.

It runs at about 1/10 normal speed I can't tell if the audio even works
for this reason.  Getting this to work is a wanna, not a gotta.  My
client is going to check with the powers at CBS and ABC and try to
obtain originals.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!