[thelist] background color opacity but solid color text?

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 10:33:50 CST 2008

how can I produce a 50% opacicty background color of black..
but still have pure white text on top..
it keeps making the text as opac as the background..?

i've got two divs..
one for the backgroud and an imbedded div for the text... :-(

--
"The only people who don't make mistakes are those who don't do anything"

Give a man a fish and he'll feed himself for a day.
Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish.
Anon

`We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.`
Kurt Vonnegut

`When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others
to laugh at him.`
Thomas Szasz