[thelist] Best (inexpensive) Windows "claymation" software

Chris Booth chris at gn.apc.org
Mon Dec 8 14:20:31 CST 2008

Check out Monkeyjam
(http://www.giantscreamingrobotmonkeys.com/monkeyjam/) which is free
(free of charge but not open source). My 9 year old has used it to
make some wee animations, and it seems to be used quite a bit by
people who run animation workshops. From the website:
What's MonkeyJam?
MonkeyJam is a digital penciltest program. It is designed to let you
capture images from a webcam, camcorder, or scanner and assemble them
as separate frames of an animation. You can also import images and
sound files already on your computer. Although it is designed for
pencil and paper, MonkeyJam can also be used for StopMotion animation
and has several features just for that. Movies created in MonkeyJam
can be exported as AVI files.
And you can't really get a better domain name than that...

- Chris

--
Chris Booth
Web: http://www.araucaria.org.uk

Technically, we're not cows. We're aardvarks.