[thelist] Image with cynamic text rollover... back to 'basics'! ; -p

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 04:18:07 CST 2008

Hi all..

I've been asked to add a rollover to a site.
all good. but it's a little more complicated and i've not touched
rollovers in a while..

We've got a series of images being called from a DB.
The client now wants to put each images tagline over the image, when
rolled over.
AND to add an opaque layer to teh text.

for example, if the image is of a tree, then roll over the tree and
have it go slightly white (opaque layer) with the words. 'A tree' over
the top nicely positioned in the middle..

Each image has it's own tagline....

I'm reading about PHP's GD library at the mo.. as a way of simply
creating the second image, as do a simple rollover replacement..
but what I'd liek to do it to use CSS and jacasvript to dynamically
put a layer on top..

Google is not my friend today... has anyone doen this before?