[thelist] ASP(IIS) and Apache .. Together?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Dec 11 16:53:39 CST 2008

Unless you bind each web server software product to a separate IP address, then only one webserver (Apache or IIS) can use TCP port 80 at a time.

What has probably happened is that you have installed IIS, but IIS is unable to start the default web site due to a binding conflict (Apache is using port 80, so IIS can't).

You could always add a second IP address to your machine and configure IIS to use one, and Apache to use the other. Or you can configure the Default Web Site in IIS to use a non-standard port (e.g. port 81)

Cheers
Ken