[thelist] Where is SVG? And where stands SVG in comparison to Flash?

Stefan Schwarzer st.schwarzer at geois.de
Mon Dec 15 06:50:38 CST 2008

Hi there,

a couple of years ago we developed some applications based on SVG.
Then, it was getting quiet on our side, and on Adobe's side Flash
replaced SVG.

Now, we're thinking again about some dynamic, interactive content
development using graphics, tables and maps, and I wonder in which
direction we should head. SVG & OpenSource, or Flash & Proprietary.
We've always used opensource software. But I wonder if the level of
interactivity between the different elements mentioned above can
really be achieved efficiently with SVG.

Thanks for any suggestions and thoughts!

Stef

   Stefan Schwarzer

   Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography
   http://photoblog.la-famille-schwarzer.de

   Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal:
   http://geodata.grid.unep.ch