[thelist] PHP Object-orientated programming - book recommendation

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Dec 15 15:22:58 CST 2008

Terion Miller noted:

>>seems lots of programmers do reccomend the O'Reilly's.

Hi Terion,

True ... and I have quite a few O'Reilly books as well.  However, that doesn't mean that all the other publishers are selling junk.  The old Wrox ASP books were very good.  Amazon says that Danny G's Javascript Bible is published thru Wiley, even though my personal copy is so old it was published by IDC.  Some folks on this list have even praised the Sams "10 minute" book series.

Go to a decently stocked bookstore.  Take some time to browse.  Buy what works best for you, regardless of who the publisher is.

HTH,
RonL.