[thelist] mail() on windows server

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Mon Dec 29 13:07:34 CST 2008

Bob,

I hadn't really tried much to get mail working on windows, but after your
email I've been playing and I've kinda got it to work on Vista.

php.ini:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

I downloaded Argo mail server for windows
(http://www.argosoft.com/rootpages/MailServerNET/Default.aspx) and installed
that. I copied your php code and sent myself a mail from one of my gmail  to
one of my email addresses. I had to set Relay allowed. I discovered that my
hosting service doesn't allow mailservers on their adsl lines BUT I was
getting bounce back failure messages to my gmail address.

Dunno if this helps ...

-S