[thelist] hours based access for web content

Viggie Bala viggie at viggie.com
Mon Dec 29 23:23:14 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 06:25 -0600, Jack Timmons wrote:

> If you don't want to do it in Java, you can make JavaScript a mandate for
> access (which can turn away some users, but often not many). You can then
> have JavaScript run a timer based on access and set up by PHP to redirect
> them out when they're time is up. Also, just have PHP outright allow access
> after that point.

Thanks for the suggestion.   I feel that, Javascript timer with
redirection on expiry will be suitable.  As I mentioned in another mail,
with the new background information from client, I think automatic
log-out on expiration of time is not a necessity. (Restricting access if
they click any link will do).  But it will be a valuable addition.

Thanks again for giving me a direction.

warm regards,
Viggie