[thelist] Staying Current

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:04:02 CST 2009

This business might can cover all sorts of things, but I feel I need to keep
up with UI/UX practice, web memes and tech & graphic design fads, and the
world of popular development. I do this through RSS feeds to magazines and
key figures' blogs, and increasingly twitter. There is one key exception
which is Jakob Nielsen's Alert Box which I like to receive the email
notifications for: www.useit.com

RSS for magazines:

#1 A List Apart : http://www.alistapart.com/rss.xml
#2 QuirksBlog : http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/atom.xml
#3 TypeSites : http://feeds.feedburner.com/Typesites
#4 Smashing Magazine : http://feeds.feedburner.com/SmashingMagazine
#5 24ways : http://feeds.feedburner.com/SmashingMagazine

Blogs and Twitter aren't as objectively useful because a lot of it depends
on personality. For instance, Eric Meyer and Molly Holschlag are leading
figures in the world of evolving front-end technique and development, but I
personally find them very hard to read. I'm just posting twitter @s here
because twitter profiles contain links back to the owners' sites and people
generally tweet their blog posts.

#1 Tim O'Reilly : @timoreilly
#2 John Resig : * <http://twitter.com/clearleft>* @jeresig
#3 John Boardley  : @ilovetypography