[thelist] business videos: upload to Google *and* YouTube?

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:00:23 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Joel D Canfield <
Joel at commonsenseentrepreneur.com> wrote:

> > seen), and probably the best way to find videos is either take the
> time to
> > search sites separately, or rely on a plain ol' Google search.
>
> Thanks, Jack. I know Google's video search will search YouTube videos,
> but it appears not to work the other way 'round. So, if I and my clients
> have only uploaded our videos to Google, they're not getting found on
> YouTube.
>
> But that's an assumption based on very little research and evidence, so
> I'm looking for something a little more concrete before I go start
> manually uploading a couple dozen videos all over again, and retraining
> my clients to use YouTube as their primary instead of Google video.
>
> joel

I would in all honesty move to YouTube. In that case, you can use their API
with your web system, including you own payer, etc if you want, and be able
to have your clients upload or what have you without having to create
accounts, etc. I've only briefly looked into it (we're probably going to use
it for a website we're working on since it saves us from having to worry
about it), but it seems like it would be the best for you.

Im my opinion, it's always better to provide your clients with the best you
can offer them. I'm sure retraining won't be an issue at all (especially if
you don't mind them uploading videos to one account and having your site or
what have you manage where they go).

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com