[thelist] Review my site..... Please

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:03:38 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Martyn <Sales at medes.net> wrote:

> Hi Chaps,
>

> I have had my site up and running since October now, with changes and
> improvements taking place weekly. I am working my way up google amongst
> other engines, my problem is I cannot seem to get enough quality
> traffic, I have tried Adword but the keywords are too expensive (£10-20
> each) Adcenter is ok but market share is so low, so far I have had no
> contact whatsoever from the site.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated     www.medes.org.uk
>
> Cheers
>
> Martyn

You asked for it:

- Validate your CSS. I'll call you out as a liar if I view your page and it
has the valid CSS image when it's not.
- Validate your HTML. For the same reason as above, and for the same reason
as below.
- Reorganize your markup. Don't make a div called "h1text" and not even
bother using a h1 tag. How are search engines supposed to figure out your
webpage if you just use divs and lists? I can only imagine the accessibility
issues.

That'll be a big step forward, and that's just opening it up on this end.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com