[thelist] Target="_blank" error

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Fri Jan 16 16:02:03 CST 2009

Personally I can't stand it when sites pop up new windows.  I'm
perfectly capable  of control-clicking if I want a new window.

There's one site I go to that has "target" links all over the place --
for different parts of the same site!  Spend half an hour there and
you suddenly realize you have eight tabs open, all on the same site.

Just forget it.  If I click a link to leave your site, it's because I
want to leave your site.  Trying to "hold" me there by leaving it open
and kicking me to a new window is nothing but annoyance.  If I want to
keep your site open, let me make that choice.

Stephen