[thelist] Asking for email address twice (Bill Moseley)

L. Mohan Arun (marun2@gmail.com) marun2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:26:22 CST 2009

List,
On the subject of asking for email addresses twice, I too find it annoying.
I use ActiveWords so I just type me and press F8 to complete my email
address anywhere on the web. In any case, they are going to send you a
confirmation email, so it makes no point to enter it twice. I agree it may
be required to enter your password twice.

On the other subject about entering your email address to log in to web
sites, I find it much more convenient than having to remember different
UserIDs for different services. If you have problems with a constantly
changing email ID, dont use such an ID (especially company IDs used to sign
up on personal sites). Or you can use email forwarding services if allowed.
It certainly saved my Paypal because I cant remember whether I used an
username for original sign up, but luckily my email is the same so I got
through.