[thelist] IE7 render bug triggered by DHTML [new specifics]

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 07:54:19 CST 2009

Could I ask somebody with Visual Studio try and step into this IE7 JS bug
for me?

A function changeTab(e); in wayahead.js is used to change the tabs on this
page http://is.gd/gXaW — it does so by grabbing the classname of the H3
clicked and applying it to the containing element (#tabBox), and CSS works
out what should be hidden/revealed.

In IE7 only, when the 4th tab (weight control) is clicked, #tabBox doesn't
change class and instead (without any readable change to the DOM), all the
H3s disappear to the eye and for the purposes of clicking back onto
something that works. IE7 is also the only browser that fails to read the
second usecase for changeTab(e) — which is by reading the URL on page load
for #hrefs and changing the tab to reflect that.

When I say IE7 only I should point out specifically that IE6 and IE8 have no
problem at all with any of this.

Regards,
Barney Carroll
Web designer & front-end developer