[thelist] A Writing on Why CSS should not be used for layout

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:27:11 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Volkan Özçelik <volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm not aiming to start another flamewar.
> I use CSS for layout, and I am 99% sure I will be using CSS for layout
> unless something more robust, sound, semantically correct etc. comes.
>
> Having that said, I just want to mention an interesting point of view:
>
> http://www.flownet.com/ron/css-rant.html
>
> ... and yes CSS-3 supports table-layout which may relieve some of the pains
> mentioned in the linked article.
>
> Just wanted to share.
>
> Cheers,

I paid a lot of money in therapy in order to brainwash myself.

I'm a champion of CSS layout. I'm not a CSS troll as this article describes,
but there's always the itch in the back of my head that if I decided to grow
hair, I wouldn't want to pull it out if I used basic tables for stuff.

Now, all this traumatic stuff I've repressed has relapsed because of your
articles.

Joking aside, I'm still hoping that if I keep using CSS eventually the
browser word will catch up. Yes, I am the type who's dated women in hopes
they'd stop being crazy...so I guess it's just reflective of my personality.

Thanks for sharing it, though, because it does make me wonder if I really
shouldn't invlove them every now and then.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com