[thelist] How to create a mailing list or the like?

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:52:53 CST 2009

If your organization has money, you might check out Jive's Clearspace
or similar software.

I have no experience with any of the listserv software but two
benefits that jump to mind when using "groups" software ala yahoo or
google is that they are maintained for you (server admin wise) and
they offer file storage.  sharing docs over an email list leaves a lot
to be desired as they tend to me shared and then forgotten.  actually
not sure that google offers file storage associated with groups but I
know yahoo does.