[thelist] ldap authentication with phpbb3

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Feb 4 19:59:34 CST 2009

Is there a reason why you are using port 390 rather than 389?

What is the actual error you are getting?

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Antonio Angelo
Sent: Thursday, 5 February 2009 3:07 AM
To: Thelist at Lists.Evolt.Org
Subject: [thelist] ldap authentication with phpbb3

Hi all!
I'm new with LDAP and now I have to configurate phpBB 3.0.4 for LDAP
authentication in Windows OS.
In the same machine I set LDAP server using ADAM, with the following:
- a user having username 'admin' and the password 'mypassword'
- the group 'forum', containing the same user 'admin'

In phpBB (with phpinfo), LDAP module is correctly loaded.

In phpBB authentication panel I set the following:
authentication: LDAP
LDAP server name: ldap://localhost:390
porta del server LDAP: (not specified)
dn base LDAP: CN=forum,CN=users,DC=mycompany,DC=int
uid LDAP: uid
username filtering LDAP: (not specified)
attributo e-mail LDAP: (not specified)
LDAP dn user: admin
password LDAP: mypassword

but phpBB is not able to connect with that user/password.

What's wrong?

Thanks to all!