[thelist] Joomla menu item order not being respected

Pieter Roosens pieter at roosensdesign.com
Thu Feb 5 14:14:45 CST 2009

Op 5-feb-09, om 20:49 heeft Sarah Adams het volgende geschreven:

> I'm building a site using Joomla 1.5.9. For some reason I cannot
> get it
> to respect the menu item ordering I set using the Menu Item Manager.
> I've tried using the up and down arrows in the Order column of the
> Menu
> Item Manager (and clicking Save Order at the end). I've also tried
> setting the order by editing each menu item and changing the Order in
> the Menu Item Edit screen. No matter what I do, the menu items are
> never
> sorted in the order they are in the Menu Item Manager.
>
> I can't figure out if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong...
> or maybe it's just a limitation of Joomla. My searching via google and
> the joomla forums hasn't found me anything useful.

Hi Sarah,

I don't know if this helps but I remember having the same problem
with the arrows (1.0)
I then changed one number next to the arrow and then saved by
clicking the little disk icon.
Then another ... one, save, etc.
Since I'm not sure if you tried exactly that, I give it here.

If that doesn't work, could it have something to do with file
permissions?

I can't say I'm a fan of J. :-(
Good luck,
Pieter