[thelist] MySQL multiple counts problem

jft jft at worrigee.net
Fri Feb 13 06:37:47 CST 2009

Cristian,
If what you are after is a single row output with two columns, one for the number of breakfast available motels & the other for the number of conference available motels, try this:
SELECT (SELECT count(*) FROM motels where breakfast_available = 1) 'Breakfast',(SELECT count(*) FROM motels where conference_facilities = 1) 'Conference'  from motels limit 1;
A minor variation would be:
SELECT (SELECT count(*) FROM motels where breakfast_available = 1) 'Breakfast',(SELECT count(*) FROM motels where conference_facilities = 1) 'Conference'  from dual;
HTH,
John