[thelist] HTML refresh Issue

Symeon Charalabides symeon at systasis.com
Sun Mar 8 09:08:16 CDT 2009

 > I am running Apache server and PHP. I am working on a HTML page which
 > is able to parse PHP script.

As far as I understand it, the HTML page itself doesn't change but the
PHP which it parses/calls does?

The problem here is that both Apache and all mainstream browsers have
been trained to consider HTML pages as static content and unless you
change the timestamp of the HTML file, they'll just bring up the one
they have on the cache.

Possible solutions:
- Change the file type from HTML to PHP.
- In the Apache configuration, get Apache to server even HTML pages as
dynamic pages. That is, add " .html" to the line

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Hope this helps,

Symeon Charalabides (cosmopolite trainee)
http://www.systasis.com
http://twitter.com/bluesymeon
http://www.linkedin.com/in/symeon
http://www.last.fm/user/bluesymeon