[thelist] IE7 XP differs from IE7 Vista

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:11:22 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Gunlaug Sørtun <gunlaugs at c2i.net> wrote:

> graham.hays wrote:
>
> >> <http://www.kateshepherdassociates.co.uk/>
>
> > (The design doesn't break as such, clients main complaint is 'if it
> > works fine in Opera, IE5.5, IE6, FF2, FF3 and XP/IE7 why does it
> > scroll in IE7/Vista'.)
>
> Before you conclude that it doesn't break in those browsers, you should
> apply a little font resizing across the board.
> It breaks pretty quickly in all browsers, I'm afraid.

I agree, in firefox  enlarging by +1 font size completely breaks the page,
as a rule of thumb -2 and +2  sizes the page should still display correctly.

If some of the copy/navigation changes this will also break the page.

Once you have this working, then maybe your Vista problem will go away.

Bulletproof your page :D

http://simplebits.com/publications/bulletproof/

ben

--