[thelist] Parsing "FROM" Field in Exchange Messages

Conyers, Dwayne dwayne.conyers at hp.com
Fri Mar 13 12:55:44 CDT 2009

We have a customer who requires all incoming and outgoing email to be stored for legal purposes in a repository that can be searched.

We use journaling in Exchange 2008 to have all mail go to storage folders where they will be archived.

One problem... these messages have a FROM: field that is "Microsoft Exchange Server on behalf of Barney Rubble" or something like that.  The customer needs to be able to search mail from "Barney Rubble" but searches fail because the value is Exchange Server.

We've been searching the Microsoft lists for an answer... but to no avail.

Has anyone addressed this and found a solution?

TIA!

--
The generation that took acid to escape reality is now taking antacid to deal with reality
http://blog.dwacon.com