[thelist] CSS issues in Safari

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Mon Mar 23 13:00:09 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I have a webpage that lists the people that work in an organization, with
photos, the name of the person and a blurb about them. The photos are all
exactly the same size, although the blurbs are different lengths. I am using
conditional CSS so it displays fine in FF and IE 6 and &, but in Safari,
some of the photos are too close together, especially the second and third
photo and the client I am doing this for is RIDICULOUSLY picky about stuff,
so she wants the page to display properly in Safari as well as the rest. I
don't have an answer for her! She is like a dog with a bone. Does anyone
have suggestions for how this could be fixed, or a way of telling her that
this is as good as it gets with web browsers (maybe that is wrong?).
Usually FF and Safari display pages pretty much the same, but not in this
case. BTW, the page validates, I just validated it and fixed stuff because I
knew someone would remind me to do that!

I resorted to putting this page in a table because there were fewer problems
in the fight between displaying correctly in FF and IE.
Here is the page:
http://projecthealthychildren.org/our-people.php

The pertinent CSS:

.phcpeople {