[thelist] CSS issues in Safari

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:39:25 CDT 2009

Hey Nan,
Personally I find that tables are more trouble than they're worth and
despite what everyone says about them being simpler layout containers than
divs, I find they need a lot more code and weird specifications in markup
and style to make them behave just right.

If you get turn the table into a div, remove the row tags and replace your
table cell tags with divs (while keeping the class names), you can use the
following code to straighten everything out:

div.ourpeopletable div.ourpeopletable {
  clear: both;
  float: left;
  overflow: hidden;