[thelist] Auto Generate Email with php

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 06:34:42 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Phyu Phyu Aung <phyuag at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> thanks for your suggestion.
> Do you have any sample or reference for it?
> I don't know how to mangae cron.
>
> regards,

I'm always hesitant guiding people on a potentially abusive subject. Let's
call it veteran's experience.
The best thing you can do for yourself is write a PHP script that does what
you want it to, and providing your host (usually Unix based), just create a
CRON job to run that script.

Webmin provides an excellent interface. If you have paid hosting, you will
have to get with your hoster on if CRON jobs are available. The final
alternative, provided you're on a Windows based computer, is to create a
scheduled task to access that page from your computer.

Using Google, this is one of the first things I came across:
http://www.sitepoint.com/print/webmin-linux-administration-1/

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com