[thelist] phpBB hacked and Crystal Tech isn't being very helpful

Joel D Canfield Joel at BizBa6.com
Sat Mar 28 01:01:52 CDT 2009

> http://www.appliedi.net/shared-hosting/servers_vs1.asp (note, I think
> adding
> mySQL costs addt'l $)  I've been on their servers with multiple
clients
> for
> over 5 years.   I've used 8 other services, including Crystal Tech a
few
> years ago, but have moved everyone to Appliedi over the years.

<snip>

> As far as forum software - no idea.

considering what I'm experiencing, I find it interesting that Appliedi
promotes phpBB too.

they look really good, but this is just slightly concerning, that
they're promoting the same buggy app (also bothers me to see so many
typographical errors on a professional website.)

pricewise, they'd work out to not much more than I'm paying Crystal
Tech. I think I'll call their support at an odd hour of the night and
chat with them about the phpBB problem I'm having. maybe they'll
magically solve all my problems.

joel