[thelist] JS library recommendation

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:43:17 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have read on more mailing lists some JS libs recommendations and most of
them were pro JQuery, YUI, ExtJS and a few times even DOJO or Prototype, but
I still don't know which of them would be better for what I need.

Do I really need to learn and test them all before beeing able to choose, or
can you help me in this direction?

I need to use a JS lib for a few things like:
- AJAX (with XML or JSON)
- form validation
- AJAX for updating <select> form elements
- create a tab control with more pages

The JS libs can do more, but can you tell me which of them would be the most
easy to use for doing the things above?

Thank you.

Octavian