[thelist] Recommendations Needed From the Experts Re: Hosting

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Thu Apr 2 08:37:42 CDT 2009

Lynn,

I have been with Host Gator for around 6 months and have been very
pleased with their support.  Their shared reseller plans are very
affordable.  They do not offer VPS (wish they did), but do have
dedicated options.  Their chat personnel are knowledgeable and the
ticket system responses are very quick.  There is no toll-free number
for support, however.

Oh, and they offer free site transfers for the first 30 days (limit 20,
I think).  They moved a few Joomla sites for me, and the only problem
was with files with improper permissions at the old host.  Once that was
cleared up, everything was fine.

There are discount coupons on the net that can knock a few bucks off
your first month.

http://www.hostgator.com/resellers.shtml

HTH,

Norman

---

Norman W. Bunn
norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
803.405.1008
www.CraftedSolutions.com
Crafted Solutions, Inc.
Web Design & Development
Web Site Hosting & Custom Solutions
"Get the results the Internet promises;
 get the 'Net Result' from Crafted Solutions!"