[thelist] What's a Programmer To Do?

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Sat Apr 4 10:50:51 CDT 2009

On Thursday 02 April 2009 21:07:00 Martin Burns wrote:
> Better alternative: Django.
>
> MVC clean, standard DB.

Not really. You're tied in to Django's templating engine, ORM, etc. Also,
Django is not true MVC, as in order to get the "cool" automagic admin section
they embed view and controller logic in their models. Not for me thanks, I'm
too much of a perfectionist and idealist.

Pylons is a much better option, as it is written to be the glue between
various Python libraries, rather than a framework in and of itself. TurboGears
2.0 is based on Pylons.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za