[thelist] Basic e-commerce

Kevin Timmins kipper_timmins at live.co.uk
Sun Apr 5 05:30:57 CDT 2009

I have just looked at ZenCart, and whilst it looks interesting, my actual
interest is in how it works, not something that just works out of the box.
Programming at the moment is a hobby for me, my clients are my parents, and
their needs have been covered tenfold.
also, if everyone just used processes that were already there then pretty
soon no-one would understand the processes and would just be clicking for
certain modules without truly knowing what was happening :P (sorry if that
came across as snappy, it wasn't meant to be)
building a shopping cart is easy, either just using sessions or for long
drawn out orders a simple database entry should cover my needs for returning
customers etc.
thank you for your reply, the products do look interesting and i will look
into them still
kevin