[thelist] Basic e-commerce

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 08:17:15 CDT 2009

We use PHP for all of our websites, and we have an Authorize.net account
that we use to handle transactions. The basic API is pretty simple, and can
get as complex as you (probably) may need, if you desire.
Basically, the process goes as such:

1 - Customer requests your processing page, supplying credit card number,
month, year, name, etc.
2  - *After validating* you supply the needed information in an array (I
think, I haven't looked at it in a while, but the point is supplying the
information), including your merchant ID, *your *transaction number, billing
title, etc.
3 - Charge gateway validates information, either returns errors or charges,
and returns errors or success with iniformation.
4 - You go from there.

Using Paypal is probably easier, and more than likely what you'd need if you
didn't have a shared security ticket available.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com