[thelist] site review

David Laakso david at chelseacreekstudio.com
Tue May 5 17:43:35 CDT 2009

Will wrote:
> Nice work!
>
> I'm not so into the navigation headers looking the same as the
> "active" page link. I kept getting confused. Also, they should
> probably be actual header elements, not empty list elements.
> Similarly, that same blue is used for page headers sometimes and I
> kept thinking they were links.
>
> Also, when you click a  nav header, I think there should be a landing page.
>
> actually, the more I play with it, the more I'm wondering if there
> isn't something just screwy with the nav js. It was all opened when I
> got there. I didn't realize it was supposed to open and close until a
> few clicks in. I'm on FF3, OSX. I kept getting to pages where
> everything was open, even after the show/hide started to kick. maybe
> yer working on it right now. :)

Will,  most of the above are all excellent points, and frankly, I find
the menu as confusing as ---, too. Your confirmation helps. I believe
keeping it open throughout the site could prove to be a better way to
go, and I will set about to make that happen (along with /some/ of the
other things you mention with which I also agree).

> The h1 for the site should probably be done via image replacement and
> also be a link to the site homepage.

Not necessary for image replacement, imho, as it does well as is, in a
Lynx viewer; and, with CSS disabled. An h1 link (blind link so to speak)
is a viable and probably good idea that will be done.

> That's all I got. Great looking site.
>
> Will
>

>> <http://chelseacreekstudio.com/yl/>

Thank you.