[thelist] site check please

David Laakso david at chelseacreekstudio.com
Fri May 8 14:08:54 CDT 2009

Mark Groen wrote:
> Finishing up rather unusual web site, the text on the home page is
> mostly an image of some words so I put each word into a div with a class
> repeating the word - overkill perhaps? With the design that was
> presented to me couldn't see another way to get some Google Juice out of
> those words without resorting to some very complicated CSS...
>
> Thoughts?
>
> http://whiteeagle.ca
>
> --
> cheers,
>
>        Mark
> --

I agree with Sarah. However, if you are stuck with the given
"content"and design, the structure while complicated is probably
alright. A Lynx viewer, and I assume Google, will have no difficult with
the cloud-tag text. Some sighted humans will have difficulty reading the
h1 title, particularly with font-scaling. And the h-nav will look a bit
like a cloud-tag :-) itself with heavy hand font-scaling or user
preference minimum font-size.

Good luck!

~d