[thelist] long-term autoresponder-type service

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:29:24 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Joel D Canfield <Joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
> is there a better option? I tend to think of autoresponders as some kind
> of follow-up tool, but for automated delivery, is this the right way to
> go?

I'd write this myself in half a day. Job runs every night sending out
all emails. The body of the email is determined by each list member's
sequence counter. Body is sent and sequence is incremented.

Bob bob at bob.com 13
Mark mark at mark.com 7
Joel joel at joel.com 49

Batch runs, Bob gets the 13th thought, Mark gets the 7th thought, Joel
gets the 49th thought. Then the data is:

Bob bob at bob.com 14
Mark mark at mark.com 8
Joel joel at joel.com 50

--