[thelist] long-term autoresponder-type service

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon May 18 16:10:10 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Joel D Canfield <Joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
>> I'd write this myself in half a day. Job runs every night sending out
>> all emails. The body of the email is determined by each list member's
>> sequence counter. Body is sent and sequence is incremented.
>
> as a database challenge, piece o' cake.
>
> how 'bout when these are going out at a rate of hundreds at a time?
> won't we be facing spam triggers from our hosting company(-ies) ?
>
> forgive, please, my ignurrinse

Good point. I guess just check with them. If you need to stay under a
threshold, then you need another column that is last_updated or
similar, run the job every 30 mins at night, and send out X at a time.
The downside is that you now have a finite number of users you can
support (2NX, where N is the number of hours in your night window).

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA