[thelist] taking over web work from a Mac/iWeb user

Matt McKeon matt at camadro.com
Thu May 21 16:14:32 CDT 2009

Joel D Canfield wrote:
> we're taking over web maintenance for someone who's built and maintained
> their site using only iWeb on their Mac. when asked about hosting, FTP,
> any of that, she stares blankly and says 'no idea what that even means'
>
> we'll be meeting with her in person for other reasons, so I'm looking
> for the shortest route to finding the normal FTP/hosting information
> we'll need to take over maintenance, using our usual tools on a Windows
> PC and FTP clients.
>
> yeah yeah yeah I'm getting a Mac; just not today ;)

Hi Joel,

I know nothing about iWeb, but I would assume the only thing you'll find
out from it would the the remote address and username for connecting via
S/FTP; as most likely the password will not be readable.

The easiest way would be to get the info from the hosting provider they
use. Maybe they even have the hosting welcome email with all the info
for ready you!

Just a thought.

-Matt