[thelist] how do you manage/respond?

UIT DEV UITDEV at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 30 05:50:26 CDT 2009

You must have gotten work for a client of mine!!   :-)   Seriously, be
careful.  A client of mine who was notorious for this behavior went one step
further and terminated a legal contract in the middle of a project simply
because "This is not the business direction <name of company> wishes to go
in at this time.  Let us know how much money you fell you spent and we'll
discuss."   When I did so, they reneged and attempted to chopped my estimate
in 1/2.   Interesting how the law works.   Be sure you have a solid
contract.  I did not.  However, they also goofed (no NDA nor a non-compete)
and so I own the partial work and will finish it and sell it myself.  ;-)
Funny how things work out.   My point is, this type of behavior could
potentially be indicative of a type of client who would go so far as to
breach a contract on with a software developer that they had known and
worked with for 7 solid and good years.

Best of luck!