[thelist] how do you manage/respond?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 01:25:06 CDT 2009

On 31 May 2009, at 23:24, Joel D Canfield wrote:

> believe what you want about dealing with clients-putting them on a
> pedestal and making them feel the love is the single best route to
> success for a small, service-related business.

And while that's a laudable goal, you also need to be careful not to
train them to be idiots. I've seen too many projects (and some with
brand-name clients who should know better) go horribly wrong because
we've been too soft with them in the early life of a project.

While that may have made life easy for the people we dealt with day to
day, it didn't get the project delivered to the satisfaction of the
senior folks paying the bills.

Clients can be amazingly immature - you do them an overall service by
helping them out of that.

Cheers
Martin