[thelist] how do you manage/respond?

steven streight vaspers at inbox.com
Mon Jun 1 10:41:06 CDT 2009

Todd and Joel I really appreciate this discussion.

Each client is different, some are more mature and reasonable than others, but when they panic and want immediate work done, they become a bit irrational in their expectations.

Saying "content is what goes into your web pages" is not always understandable by clients. Most of our small business clients actually expect the web designer to "dream up" content for them. Which is why they're "small businesses" I suppose.

Or the clients send us hard copy images to scan...or content that's so poorly written I have to rewrite all of it...or content that's self-contradictory, error ridden etc.

A new thread on Client Content could be started if anybody has any suggestions on How To Train Clients in this regard.

Again, however, I side more with Joel regarding "Make Each Client Feel Like They're Your ONLY Client".

I doubt you can shatter their narcissistic delusions very easily.

:^)

Steven E. Streight

http://www.pluperfecter.blogspot.com