[thelist] Computerized Automatic Phone Answering

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Thu Jun 11 12:12:52 CDT 2009

Asterisk can most certainly do this.  If the number that people will
dial is a POT then you'll need an analog-to-digital interface.  Some of
the old Digium cards can be had for cheap on Ebay these days.  If the
number is from a SIP provider or can be trunked that way, then you can
skip the previous step.  For text-to-speech festival is the way to go.
OTOH, if the statuses are a small set then you can have a lovely sounded
lady record them.  AGI scripts are what you'd use to retrieve the
information from MySQL and play the status audio file to the user.