[thelist] Video Navigation Ideas

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 07:36:39 CDT 2009

I am working on a site which has a set of media pages. We have videos,
image galleries and audio classes. Someone in management likes how CNN
( http://edition.cnn.com/video/ ) presents their media library as a
set of tabs on top and a set of links "within" each tab on the left.
While this is a nice design, just copying it (more or less) was not
necessarily the best idea for our site. :)

Does anyone else have any creative suggestions how to present our
media library? Either ideas or sample sites. Our stuff is indeed
broken down into media, video or audio and then each item is also
categorized by subject and also by author--there's only a few
authors--it's an education site.

Any ideas welcomed. :)

Thanks.

<tip type="file transfer via ssh">
Just found a great new tool today for doing file transfer via ssh:

http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html

It mounts the remote system as if it were a network device and then
you can just use your OS (meaning any method) to interact with it.
</tip>