[thelist] Help with Social Network/Community Functionality

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:43:17 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Paul Bennett<Paul.Bennett at mch.govt.nz> wrote:

> Not sure if you're looking for suggestions or a tool / framework to do
> the heavy lifting for you.

Suggestions:)

We have our own custom-built framework where we can certainly mix and
match content as the client wants. The issue is that what they are
asking for creates a very confusing, unusable situation for both
members and administrators. We are developing this portal for another
company as a subcontractor.

The problem is that our client thinks it is a good idea to be able to
approve a story, yet reject the photo -- even though they are
submitted at the same time, as part of one unit -- if that makes
sense. It's like saying the car is OK, but we'd like different tires
-- after the order has been placed and the car has been delivered. It
creates, in my mind, unnecessary complexity.

FWIW, I have spent some time going over Drupal. In fact, we have spent
a good bit of time studying the code.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications