[thelist] Recurring Donations

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Jul 7 08:50:01 CDT 2009

My client wants a versatile donation page, varying amounts (the easy
part), but also the ability to set up automated recurring (monthly,
quarterly, yearly, etc) donations.  We also want to keep all member info
including donor history, local in our database, but not keep credit
cards on file warranting additional security and responsibility.

There are a number of donation services out there where once you get
sent to their website, they offer recurring options.  It might be a poor
assumption, but I assume that they have set up additional security in
order to be able to store cc# and do this.  Then of course we would need
to find some way to reconcile member info and such which becomes another
maintenance step.

Is this more/less complicated than I am thinking? Options?

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

On www.Twitter.com/bobmeetin, Facebook, www.linkedin.com/in/bobmeetin, or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - with so many to choose from!