[thelist] moving webhosting and losing all the old emails....

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Fri Jul 31 13:03:47 CDT 2009

Anthony - I usually use Godaddy, but this domain name is registered at
register.com until 2014, so I don't want to make them pay to move it over.
So that leaves moving everything to register.com, and they will give us a
dedicated IP address so we can be looking at the site before changing the
DNS. Godaddy doesn't exactly allow that, although they let you use
yourwebsite.previewdns.com or something to look at it.
I now can't reach anyone in their office, I think they are gone for the
weekend, drat, I wanted to get going on this.

And Jeremy, I don't think I have root access, But I will check as soon as I
can catch anyone in this office! So which one, IMAP or POP3 means your email
stays in Outlook if you switch hosting?

Thanks guys!
Nan